Saturday, February 09, 2008

Case in Point....Never Remake a Classic Movie




Ok, so I'm sitting here correcting papers, and the Johnny Depp "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is on network television. I was kind of excited to see it advertised, because I'd never seen it. And I LOVE the Gene Wilder original version. Who didn't?

Can I just say that in spite of my broad vocabulary and gift of hyperbole, I don't think I can find the words to express just what CRAP this movie is. Jesus, it stinks. The actors suck. The music is terrible. Every single scene has been one letdown after the other.

I am going to turn it off. I can't even stand it anymore. Why did anybody think it necessary to "F" with the original film?

1 comment:

Surfwahine said...

Glad I missed it because I Loved the book and the original movie.