Monday, February 18, 2008

Trumped!

I'm writing on my mom's PC, and I have no idea how to install a picture on this thing, but pictures are just aesthetics, and I find this issue pressing enough to write about without the aesthetics.

We need to talk about the Trump Show. We REALLY need to talk about the Trump Show.

In a word, it sucks. I know people panned last season, but seriously, that was award winning television compared to what's taking place this season.

These so-called celebrities are a bunch of losers, and Trump is totally pussyfooting around them.

Two weeks ago, there was a two hour episode on. I missed it for whatever reason. I was all bummed out to miss the show, but was relieved by the fact that I could catch it online the next day. So, I hunkered down in front of my Mac and tuned into the sure-to-be-nailbiting two hour episode. I was psyched.

It turned out to be a massive letdown. The show dragged on for two hours, only to conclude with the resignation of the guy from the Sopranos. It was idiotic because the guy had infiltrated the other team, and was then accusing his own teammates of being "rats" and he claimed to be fearing for his life. Puh-leez. As if freakin' Stephen Baldwin was going to be out there putting a hit on the guy.

Anyway, nobody even got canned and I thought it was so bogus that they made this a two hour episode.

I tuned back in this past week because, for some reason, I can't NOT tune in. Again, total disappointment.

This past week, Omorosa was working on the same team as her arch rival, Piers. They were at each other constantly. For the entire duration of the episode, she was really digging in her claws, making cheap pot shots at him about his poor relationship with his kids or whatever.

At the end, the Omorosa team, which had been so dirisive throughout the show, won the task. Trump dismissed that team, and was heavyhearted at the prospect of firing somebody from the losing team. They had worked together so well.

And in the end, he decided not to fire anybody.

Come on, Trump. These people might be "celebrities" but you don't have to creep around them. Christ, they are E list celebs, at best. You have more clout than them!!!

Whatever. I'm feeling Trumped by Trump.

I will tune in again this week, but if I don't see a good old fashioned blood bath of a firing, I'm never watching again.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Oh man! You're right on with your commentary. The last episode was like nails on a chalkboard to me -- maybe because I really can't stand conflict. Then, in thinking about it later, I said to Paul: I feel like the Omarosa/Piers thing is FAKEY! I think Piers is deliberately pushing the a-hole envelope in an effort to boost his little ratings in America or something. I don't know, none of it is very credible to me. None of the celebrities care one way or the other, whether they get fired. The money they are playing for is peanuts. The challenges consist of making PHONE CALLS! Geez! The only thing I'm enjoying is that Trace-dude. He is too sweet to be on that show, and he keeps coming up with great contributions, all while appearing to be dumb as a rock. You gotta love that.