Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Longest Week

I keep thinking today is Friday. I have been making this mistake all day long. I think it is wishing thinking on my behalf. Tonight we had to endure evening parent-teacher conferences. I guess I was willing myself to be past Thursday evening parent conferences, and straight on through to Friday. The fact that April vacation is next week could be another driving force behind my wishing it were already Friday. That would, after all, just bring me one day closer to vacation.

But alas, it is Thursday. And tomorrow is another full day of school. But then...April Vacation. An entire week off. Nice!!

I am going down to DC for a few days, to visit my friend, Leslie. I'm not sure exactly what we'll get up to, but I'm sure it will be fun. Leslie and I always have a few laughs when we get together. I'm sure this will be no different.

One of my students got mad at me yesterday because I made her sit down during a chorus performance. The students were made to sit on the floor, which does suck, but nevertheless.....

Anyway, I had heard rumors of her temper, but had never seen it firsthand. She was pissed at me yesterday, which prompted me to have the very gentle, "You know, sometimes we have to put up with things we don't like when we have to function productively in a community like a school or a workplace" conversation. It just brought about more huffing and puffing.

Today the same student was a jerk in my class. I tried to check in with her again, but she was super obnoxious again.

I guess I'll leave it for a few days.

Jesus....

Is this my career?

1 comment:

Laurita said...

It IS!

How is vacation going? Catching up on sleep?