Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Live from the Watertown Public Library



It is 95 degrees outside and I'm coolin' in the Watertown Public Library. Why not the beach, or the backyard pool, you ask? Well, at noon today I had a dentist appointment here in Watertown. Stephen works here in Watertown, and since we're due to the Inn to make final wedding reception arrangements, we figured we'd just meet up at his work and go together.

I'm sure I mentioned in an earlier post that Stephen's car was stolen from right in front of our building. This had to have been about three weeks ago now. At least. The thing that really bothers me about these morons who stole the car, is that they get to literally walk away from the entire thing scott free, while Stephen has to be held responsible for a 500 dollar insurance deductable, and we are left to suffer the slings and arrows of having no car. We are normally fine without the car, and often don't use it for days on end, but at this point, it would be nice to have one available to us.

So, anyway, I decided against coming to Watertown, leaving, and then turning right back around and battling the bus to come all the way back. Seemed stupid. So, we have to meet at his work, take a bus to a Zip Car, take the Zip Car to Concord, drop off the Zip Car, take the bus to Harvard Square where we'll connect to our final bus home.

Can you see why I am starting to hate the jerks who stole the car?

I was walking around outside, but the heat was getting to me. You won't often hear me say that. So I came into the library and have decided to use the internet here while I kill some time.

There are some poor slobs waiting to use the computers, likely for far more worthwhile pursuits than pointless blogging. Perhaps I'll give them a go on the computer. My time is up anyway.

I like this blogging on the road, thing.

No comments: