Sunday, June 24, 2007

Super Sleuths Are On To Me!



So, it would appear that Reesie and Laurita have both cracked the seemingly impenetrable mystery of where and for whom I am working this summer.

As Reesie would put it, "the store that isn't called 'Orange'" has been an interesting adventure so far. I have had two days of corporate style brainwashing/training and one day of in-store training. Actually, the in-store was more of an abbreviated, 5-hour shift in which we learned more about the actual store than the company itself. I have another full day tomorrow, but won't quite yet be on the sales floor in my full capacity as (I'll rhyme here in order to continue to keep things covert) "Nac Pestialist." I will apparently be in the back room, using a "Nac" to do an online training, complete with quizzes, to learn as much as I possibly can about the "Nac" and "eyeDod" families. Yeah, they're called famlies. I wasn't clever enough to make that up.

To be honest, I'm just psyched about the fact that other than the required company t-shirt, I can wear what the hell ever I want to work. Shorts. Jeans. Skirt. Flip-flops. Whatever. I still haven't been given one of the abovementioned t-shirts, but I think they'll hold off on that one until I'm actually on the salesfloor. They have super-cute ones right now, touting the impending arrival of the product which will be launched on June 29th.

Anyway, it should be an OK job. I'll let you know more about it as I get further along. (In cryptic overtures, of course.)

I should run. Stephen and I have lots of lists to make of the many things that we still have to do before the wedding.

T minus 6 days and counting.

2 comments:

Juanita said...

You'd look great in one of those Not Orange shirts! I hope you get to keep it forever. T-6? Woweeeeeeeee! I can't wait to hear every little thing.

Canoes under my shoes said...

SIX DAYS??? HOLY SH!T!