Monday, November 19, 2007

Something to REALLY Be Thankful For!



So my back thing seems to be somewhat under control, but I'm still being cautious about it. I am done with my course of prednisone, but I'm still on my advil regimen. Fingers crossed that it clears up on me soon.

I am extremely thankful for the fact that I have a very short week coming up. Today is a regular day. I have all my classes and am expected to actually teach something of value to my students.

Tomorrow is also a regular day, but I have a nutritionist who is scheduled to speak to my classes every Tuesday for 6 weeks. (She's been there for 2 already, and has 4 to go.) She'll be there tomorrow, which is great. I basically have to sit there and do crowd control. This is another reason why teaching middle school rules. If I taught a lower grade, self-contained class, the woman would come in once for an hour and be done with it. However, since my kids all switch around classes, in order to make sure that she sees all of the 7th and 8th grade kids, the woman has to hit each and every one of my teaching periods. I know it sounds dead lazy of me, but I'm psyched!

And then Wednesday is a half day. I'm sure it won't be terribly productive, but the kids are usually in rare form before an extended weekend, so there will, once again, be lots of crowd control.

Thursday and Friday are of course, days off. Lauren and I will most likely hit the stores really early on Friday. Then, when I come home, I'll snooze the afternoon away!

Life is good!!!

2 comments:

Mo said...

I have a half day tomorrow too...then I'm off to drama central (Thanks Aunt Tessie!) for Thanksgiving. I've decided it's really time to write a book. Honestly, I believe the material will help others and their unavoidable struggles with insane family members.

Hopefully I'll get to see you at some point this weekend! I'm shopping Friday with Jules...it's always exciting!!

Laurita said...

Teaching rules. I LOVE working for the schools!!!! This week, after phoning it in all week, I've been sleeping until 7 and 8. It's been WONDERFUL.

Happy holiday!