Monday, June 05, 2006

Quick...Danza's in Jeopardy



I had a chance to watch Jeopardy tonight for the first time in a LONG time. I'm ever so glad I tuned in because if I had not, I would have missed the hommage to our hero, Tony Danza. An entire category, cleverly entitled, "Hold Me Close Now, Tony Danza," honored the illustrious career of our beloved actor.

400 Dollars..



Quick....What's was Danza's character's first name in the TV series "Taxi"?

800 dollars...



In which made-for-TV remake of a big screen film starred Danza in the serious dramatic role of "Juror #7."

1200 dollars....

Who wrote "The Ice Man Cometh", a play in which Danza starred as Rocky the (whore-running) bartender? (I found the "whore-running" comment online. That phrase did not cross Trebek's sacred lips on Jeopardy.)

1600 dollars....



Danza was so successfully paired with an ape co-star in the film, "Going Ape" that he was paired up with yet another one in a later racing flick. What was the racing film?

2000 dollars....

Danza had heavenly help as a pitcher named "Mel Clark" in which film?




Think you know the answers? Submit them and I shall score ye! This is the true test as to whom has the right to proclaim him or herself a true Danza fan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

400- What is "Tony?"
800- What is "12 Angry men who's show was just cancelled?"
1200- Who is the kid from Who's The Boss that finally came out of the closet?
1600- What is "Meet Wally Sparks?, Alex"
I am bummed I missed it. Couldn't watch it on the boob tube. Some moron got stuck in the elevator and took away from my precious t.v. time at work, rat bastard!

JoviFan said...

LMS, your total score is -1600! I cannot disclose the answers until more players have had the chance to answer.

JoviFan said...

Actually, LMS, I'm going to have to make your final score an even more pitiful -3600 because you didn't even try the 2000 dollar question. I realize that in the real Jeopardy game, you don't get penalized if you don't try to answer the question. But who said any real rules had to apply here in blogger Jeopardy!?

LizFwiz said...

400 What is Tony Banta?
800 What is 12 Angry Men?
1200 What is Eugene Oneil?
1600 Who knows but Jaye Durkis was in the Ape show, then was in a Little House episode, do I get anything for that wonderful tidbit?
2000 What is Angels in the outfield?

And now for the daily double: This was Tony's name given to him at birth.

Mo said...

400-What is Tonie? (the "ie" makes him more fun!
800-What is 12 Angry Danza's because they can only dream of a "comeback" like Travolta?
1200-Who is Eugene O'Neill (with a forward by Danza)?
1600-She's Out of Control (The ape was played by Mickey Dolenz' daughter)?
2000-What is "Angels in the Outfield" can't save your struggling career!!!

Nants...where have you been?!?! It's been days since you've posted and I'm beginning to understand what I put all of you through when I don't post frequently. Come baaaaack!!!!