Sunday, October 14, 2007

Killing Time

It is 10:30 Sunday morning and I'm at the gym. I 've just finished my workout, but I need to go to TJ MAXX, which does not open until 11:00. I figured I'd use the gym computer to update my blog while I kill a few minutes. You see, the store is just a stone's throw from here, and if I leave the gym now, I'll get there way too early. You probably already figured that out, though. I think sometimes I overexplain thing. That's probably typical of teachers.

I digress...

Anyway, not much to report.

I could start with the Red Sox, I guess. Last night's game was an exciting, close, into-overtime game. I fell asleep when the Red Sox were down just 5-4, and woke up at the top of the 11th inning. Just in time to witness the wheels come off of the Red Sox bullpen. Jesus. In game one, the Red Sox tore the wheels off the Indians in the 4th inning. But last night was awful. It would have been one thing to fall apart early in the game, but the fact that so much time and energy was invested to keep things close throughout the entire 9 innings, only makes the huge loss in the 11th all the more devastating. And believe me, the loss was a devastating one. Not just a one or two run defecit in the end, but rather a 7 run shortcoming.

But that's OK. The Sox are headed to Cleveland where, after a day's rest, they will try to reclaim some ownership of this series. Fingers crossed.

And remember....NO GLOATING.

In an entirely different rambling subject...

I feel like I must confess.

I was only partially responsible for the lovely pictures posted in my last "Fall in New England" entry. You see, I did in fact take the pictures, but then I treated them on iPhoto before publishing them. I did some color boosting, adjusting of exposure, temperature, contrast, shadows, etc. iPhoto has some fantastic tools for editing photos. But the problem was that the original pictures were rather flat and lacked all that vibrancy of photos taken with my previous camera. (You know, the one I drowned in a bottle of gatorade on my honeymoon.) Stephen bought me a new camera for my birthday. Like my last camera, this was a little Fujifilm. I was really excited to use it. One of the things I always loved about my last Fujifilm camera was the fact that the colors were always so freakin' brilliant, even before I tweaked little things on iPhoto. With this camera, however, I had to practically alter the entire photo to get it where I wanted it to be.

So, with a heavy heart, I decided to return the camera. It was purchased online, so I'm hoping the return goes smoothly.

I haven't given up on Fujifilm yet. I think I will try to get the camera I had before and see if that's any better.

Damn!

OK, I have to get going. We have a wedding today. Lots of stuff to iron, etc. And of course, there's that TJ MAXX pit stop to make before going home.

Peace out, fools!!

1 comment:

Juanita said...

No need to confess. I think you only brought your pics closer to the reality of a New England autumn. (If that makes sense.)