Saturday, October 20, 2007

PIcture's Worth a Thousand Words...When I Can Actually Post One, That Is!

Bummer. The picture-post function doesn't seem to work right now.

We went to Best Buy today to replace the Fujifilm camera we returned earlier this month. I think I wanted that camera to be great, but in the end, it just wasn't. And, if I allow myself to toot my own horn for just a moment here, I'm not such a bad photographer. I might as well have a decent camera to practice my "craft."

Anyway, last night, I saw a great little Canon at BestBuy online, marked down from 250 to 220. I figured I would just go to the store today, check it out, and pick it up if I liked it.

Funny thing was, at the store, they had the exact same camera, but instead of being black around the lens (which was a pretty cool accent look), the camera was entirely silver. I asked the guy about the sale price (not really caring whether the thing was silver or black), but the guy said the sale price was only for the back camera, which is only available online.

After toying around with the camera for a while, I decided it was the right one for me, but also determined that I would just order it online to save a few dollars. Before I left the store, I decided I would ask the dude whether the store protection plan and memory cards were also available online. Smelling a decent sale, the salesjerk told me to hang on a minute so that he could go ask his manger whether they could just offer me the online sale price on the model they had in the store.

Ten seconds later, he was back, telling me his manager approved the sale price.

I guess in the end, it was worth them to take the 30 dollars off in order to make a sale with all the attaches (memory card, protection plan, etc.)

And before you admonish me for taking the protection plan that you probably would never buy, just keep in mind that I'm a total klutz, and that I screwed my last Fujifilm camera (that I LOVED) by busting an entire bottle of Gatorade on it in my backpack. The Best Buy protection plan even covers water damage, which is pretty unusual for a store protection policy. I know at the Apple dump, we didn't cover water or otherwise "accidental damage."

Anyway, we took some pretty kickass pictures of Fenway Park after we bought the camera. (The Best Buy is right in the shadows of Fenway Park), which I would love to have posted. However, the blogger website has decided it shan't be.

Perhaps posting pictures would be akin to gloating, and so it might even be better to post nothing at all.

1 comment:

Mo said...

Oh yay! Welcome to the Canon family!! What did you get?? I'm so happy you got your cameral!! I am a perfect clutz too...so I got this silicone thing that my friends and I have dubbed "the camera condom." Considering I managed to scratch it within 24 hours of taking it out of the box...it's well worth it!!!