Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Rumor Mill

Today during a professional development meeting my cell phone rang.

Normally I would not even dream of answering my phone at such an inopportune time. However, seeing as where my superintendent had just seen fit to blast me in front of all my colleagues, I wasn't feeling terribly professional.

So...I picked up the phone. It was my friend, Maura. She is also a teacher in the district. She was at another professional development meeting with another teacher from my school.

As soon as I picked up the phone, Maura was gushing her heartfelt congratulations. I was flummoxed. I asked her what on earth she was congratulating me on. "Linda M. just told me you're pregnant," she cooed.

Ahhhh.....????

No.

I'm not pregnant. But if people are thinking I am, I had best get my ass to Jenny Craig on the double.

Strange.

Talk about being the last to know.

3 comments:

Laurita said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for the news. Where do I send the twins' layette?

Juanita said...

Oh geez! Maybe you are just looking extra happy lately. Or extra nauseated.

Mo said...

OMG!! Well I will Congratulate you on your anniversary!! That's NOT a rumor:)

Miss you!!