Monday, June 09, 2008

The Sweetest Thing



It is hot in our apartment. I mean...sweltering. I'm not complaining, mind you. I'm just stating the facts. You know by now that I really live for this weather.

But still.....we needed a bit of reprieve.

Stephen was in the bedroom, relaxing beneath the ceiling fan, which is the extent of our heat-relief equipment. I was sitting in the living room, profusely sweating under the effort of sitting there.

All of a sudden an idea hit me...

There is an ice cream shop about ten minutes (on foot) from our condo. I thought, "Wouldn't it be a great idea to go get a cool, refreshing snack?"

So, I bounced the idea off Stephen, who readily agreed to go with me.

We both threw on something that just about qualified as presentable and set off for the ice cream shop.

As we were walking up the street, enjoying the warm weather and rehashing our respective days at work, I thought to myself (and I know this is really corny), "this is what being hitched is all about." I have a built in ice cream shop date, or just somebody who'll throw on a pair of shoes and walk around the block with me.

That's ok by me.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

That's not corny, that's sweet!