Thursday, June 12, 2008

Snapshot of the day....

I kind of like blogging like I did yesterday. It is kind of "cheating" because I didn't really compose proper paragraphs, but still...I got my points across.

I think I'll do a little more of that today...

1. I found out that the principal never bothered to discipline a 7th grader who had been dead rude to a first grade teacher Friday afternoon. I encouraged that teacher to remind the principal of the incident again today. Thankfully the principal did finally look into the matter. The worst part of the whole thing is that the teacher felt threatened and told the principal as much. It's pretty weak that the principal just got around to addressing the issue today.

2. We're not sure we're keeping the tempurpedic. I'm just not sure I'm in love with it. Stephen isn't either. I think we should be ready to divorce each other for this mattress at that price.

3. I am typing on Lauren's computer as her kids play Play-Do. (Sorry, Lauren.) They are busily fulfilling my request of frying me up a Play-Do leg of lamb in the playhouse skillet. They're pretty happily setting about this task.

4. I finally finished correcting my pile, nay MOUNTAIN, of my students' young author books. Believe me, I think it is more work for the teacher to correct these things than it is for the kids to do them.

5. I am going to be in for a very late night at school tomorrow. The yearbook staff are determined to stick around until the thing is done. Not that they have much choice, mind you. I would do it, myself, but I honestly have no idea how to use the foolish program they're using. So, I'm going to go to school tomorrrow armed with money for pizza and soda, and patience to stick around until the thing is finished.

6. Gene is meeting me for Mexican tomorrow after I finish the yearbook. I think I'll need a margerita by then.

7. I'm outta here to play with my nieces. I haven't been this neglectful of them. I just type fast!!!

No comments: