Thursday, January 21, 2010

1019 Reasons To Avoid Strawberry Jam




With a name like Smuckers it has to be.....

A dental disaster in the making.

It all started off when I bit into a seed that was lurking in my strawberry jam. (Jesus...why did I opt for toast and jam that day? What possessed me to opt for that over the oatmeal?)

Talk about sowing the seeds for a pain-in-the ass repair and recovery mission.

So far this nonsense has set me back 1019 bones.

179 for the first temporary filling procedure.

340 for my portion of the root canal. (That was just the estimate. They told me they'd reimburse me if I overpaid, and bill me additionally if I underpaid. I'll give you one guess which way I think that one is going to fall!)

And today, had to pay 500 dollars for my portion of the crown I received to cover up the root canal. (And of course the woman at the dentist's office thinks that it's likely I'll have to pay a couple hundred more when all is said and done.)

Oh, and in case you were wondering...YES I DO carry dental insurance. And the real kick in the teeth (God forbid...I'd need more dental work), my dentist says that comparatively speaking, I have good dental insurance.

Jesus, I'd hate to see what would happen if I had crap dental insurance.

All's I'm saying is that I've already shelled out over 1000 bucks, and I'm not deluding myself into thinking that this is the extent of it.

Ain't that a bitch?

In any event, I made my return to my original dentist. Totally awesome.

I've learned two things from all of this...

1. Avoid fucking strawberry jam as if your oral health depended on it....because it DOES.

2. If you love your dentist, do NOT set him free!

No comments: