Monday, May 21, 2007

Green Green Grass of Home



Another Monday mercifully over.

Aren't Mondays the worst? Today was particularly difficult to get motivated to go to work because finally, after 4 straight days of relentless, driving, horizontal downpours, the sun was out in force. It was the kind of day that you want to spend sitting in a park reading for hours on end. But, alas, it was back to work. Isn't that always the way?

But I have to say, as depressing as the rains were, it seems to have given way to a whole new, fresh, lush and vibrant world. The lawns and leaves are a green that defies this humble author's ability to decribe. I won't even try.

It is a little cool out there, but the air is fresh and clean and pregnant with an almost herbal fragrance. I'm loving life today.

I did lots of lounging around this weekend because hiding out under a warm blanket with a good book or sappy Lifetime movie was a much more attractive option when compared to going out in the monsoon rains. However, all productivity or notions thereof were not entirely lost this weekend. I managed to get my arse to the gym both days, and got the wedding flower order taken care of.



The above-pictured purple cala lillies will feature prominently in all floral arrangements.



And these purple roses (along with cream colored roses) should round out the bouquets very elegantly.

Let's hope purple was a good color choice. The Brattle Florist guy really usually knows his business, so we'll put our trust in his abilities and hope that he does not disappoint. Somehow, I cannot imagine that he will.

I also did some far less exciting stuff like clean my bathtub and try out my new wok with a pretty basic Asian chicken stir fry.

I had a meeting after school today, so no trip to the gym came to fruition, but I didn't mind the day off, to be honest. It was kind of nice to troll around after school and take care of a few errands.

Hey, I also opened up mine and Stephen's joint checking account today. That felt oddly adult and grown up.

Anyway, I'm gonna go finish watching the Sox/Yanks game. Things are not looking good for the Sox. Fingers crossed for a come-from-behind victory.

2 comments:

Canoes under my shoes said...

As for the weather, you sound like a BRIDE! :)

As for the checking account...GADZOOKS! :0

Juanita said...

Love those purple flowers! And mixed with cream...wow!

I'm glad to see you're opening a joint account. I firmly believe that major problems can come from having separate accounts.