Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!



Difficult as it is to believe, Christmas is just about here.

Stephen and I are preparing to leave the house shortly to get our Christmas celebrations underway. We'll start off by going to mass where we were married (unbelievably) six months ago! Today is the sort of remembrance mass for Uncle Matthew, who passed away five years ago (right?) at the very tender age of 37.

After mass, we'll hit the road to head to NH where I'll spend my first Christmas as a Mrs. with my new in-laws.

Today was great. I woke up at 7:00. Any school teacher out there will understand what I mean when I say that I consider a 7:00 wake-up time a "successful sleep in." Considering the fact that I'm usually on the bus to work at 6:35, being able to sleep until 7:00 is a big deal!

I decided to go out for a walk. The thing is that I LOVE to be out walking around really early on any Sunday morning because there's nobody around. But the even better thing is that here, in Boston College world, there is literally not a soul around as they've all left to go home for Christmas. I walked across normally lethal intersections without so much as a care in the world. I didn't even regard the walk signals because there wasn't a car to be seen. They could have filmed that new Will Smith "I am Legend" thing right around here at Christmastime.

I walked into CVS and was the only customer in the dump.

I walked into the coffee shop and was the lone soul in the place.

I trolled the streets for over an hour, just enjoying being the only living thing within miles. I LOVE just being out there and having the whole darn world to myself!!

Anyway, I should get going. I have to pack a few last minute things. It just dawned on me that I should bring the essays I stupidly assigned all my classes for the day before break. Now they have all the work done, but I have to do massive correcting! Oh well, I should have plenty of time at Stephen's parents' place to get some work done. That is if I can tear myself away from the Risk game we are promising to get started!!



Gotta run. Have a great Christmas!!

No comments: