Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The True Shame of America



You know, we keep hearing about these presidential candidates' stances on the "issues." The one issue that I feel is never adequately addressed is the cost of education in this country.

Why are there so many countries (I'm talking wealthy, industrialized European nations, Canada, etc.) that have figured out that the government should pay to educate the citizens, and we here in the United States, continue to unabashedly ask our citizens to come up with upwards of forty thousand dollars a year for a college education?

As I apply to Harvard Graduate School of Education, I am horrified by the fact that it costs $85 just to submit the education. It cost almost 100 dollars just for some Harvard graduate admissions officer just to deign to read my files.

Christ.




And, on top of all of this, I now have to participate in this GRE racket. I took the tests when Christ was a child back in 1999, but now the ETS says they can't generate a score report for any tests taken before 2002. Come on, as if these bastards don't have that information at hand.

So, now, not only do I have to spend four hours of my life on the last Saturday in December in some computerized test center hell taking the GRE, but I had to pay 140 bucks for the privilege of doing so.

WTF???

No comments: