Thursday, May 15, 2008

Free!!



Today I was free. And so was Dunkin Donuts iced coffee. Let me explain.

The Dunkin Donuts part is easy. Once a year, they offer free small iced coffees to all customers. I guess it is their way of officially welcoming warm weather and introducing customers to their refreshing iced beverage.

As for me being free....

I took my personal day today. It was GREAT!!!!! I basically decided to use it this week because next week is our big state testing week and after that, all kinds of 8th grade graduation stuff needs to be put into place. So, this seemed like the idea week. I chose Thursday because my favorite aerobics instructor has a Thursday 9:00 AM class on Thursdays that I obviously never get to make.

It was a great day. I took full advantage of the step class. And I also took FULL advantage of the Dunkins offers. I hit the Cleveland Circle dunks this morning and this afternoon, the Porter Square Dunks after my step class, the Harvard Square Dunks before getting onto the bus. And I don't think that was all...although I can't exactly remember where else I went.

Having the day off was excellent. I am NEVER out! NEVER. It is such a sweet feeling to look at my watch and think, "Hmmm...right about now I'd be starting third period. I wonder if so and so is behaving himself." But I have to let it go because I'm not there!

Long live personal days.

4 comments:

Laurita said...

OH yeah! There's nothing like having a full day to oneself. Our district gives us 10 days to use however we'd like (sick, personal, child care). I usually end up spending all of mine on child care. This summer, though, I vow to get a sitter so I can spend one day just out and unencumbered. And I WON'T use that time for house cleaning!

Juanita said...

Nancy Gone Wild! Yowza. Good for you.

JoviFan said...

Ten days!!!!! That's pretty amazing.

Surfwahine said...

Java and Step Class now that's a perfect day for me!!