Thursday, May 22, 2008

This Must Be True Love

I have a great husband. There are big and little things that he does on a daily basis that make me realize how lucky I am to have him in my life.

If I don't feel well, he puts everything aside to take care of me.

He joins me in watching Jeopardy every single night, even though he hates the show.

He never, ever complains when I'm up crashing around the apartment getting ready a full hour before he even needs to get out of bed.

I can't remember a time that he has ever gotten angry at me or said anything even remotely unkind to me.

However....(and you knew the "however" was coming), I can't believe some of the crap that he likes. Crappy science fiction movies. Bullshit fantasy movies. I mean, he doesn't watch that much of this junk, but please, even one second of it is too much. At the video store, if I see any movie with dragons, castles or wizards on the cover, I retreat to the other corner of the store...even as Stephen is moving closer to take a more in-depth look.

The fact that I will even be in the same apartment as this crap when it is playing on the TV must speak to the true love that I feel for my husband.

Because kids, make no mistakes, if this were anything less than love, I'd be having NO part of it.

That said, I really don't actively participate in it. I just either type away on the computer, read in the other room, or busy myself elsewhere and with some other task.

1 comment:

Surfwahine said...

Obviously a
Keeper" I MUST meet this "Wonder husband"! :)