Thursday, May 11, 2006

FUCK NEW ENGLAND

Sorry to greet you with such profanity, but I'm fed up!

This has been the weather forcast for the LAST FOUR days and it is expected to last throughout the NEXT TEN days AT LEAST.



I mean, Christ. This is total crap. The past few years have proven to me that May is yet another of the formerly-Spring months that has gone over to the dark side of winter. I remember as a kid thinking that the arrival of March was a good thing. It used to be that March, although still chilly, was the beginning of the end of winter. Now, ha! March is just another full-out winter month here in New England.

Surely we get a few nice days in April as a general rule, but for the past few years, May (formerly my favorite month of the year) has been a total bust. Two years ago, it rained for 28 days in May!

In all probability, any upcoming Red Sox games will be cancelled or subject to insanely long rain delays.



Nevermind the baseball games. Just trying to take a walk outside turns into a completely ugly undertaking. Hi, everyone, it is mid-May and I am still wearing my winter sweaters and raincoat. In the gym today, a woman came in wearing her hiking boots, and they were completely soaked! What the hell????

Oh, and when it isn't raining around here, the place looks a little something like this...



Boston can, of course, be a lovely city. On our ONE DAY of summer, the place looks beautiful. See for yourself.





I am hereby diagnosing myself with seasonal mood disorder and perscribing myself large doses of medication (of the persuasion available at Jerry's Liquor store. No, I'm not related to the Kennedys! I come from New England, too, but my similarities to that clan are confined to purely geographical matters.)

7 comments:

LizFwiz said...

Well hey, pack up and move to the warm country like I did. Hey, and teachers get free admission to Sea World year round! (That means free beer any time you want!)

Mo said...

Guess what? Tropicana Field, Home of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, who will be hosting the beloved Red Sox when we see them before the wedding...it's a dome! No rain out:) Granted it blows that we're indoors...but we're indoors with the Red Sox...so I'm ok with it!! We're also indoors with beer...muchos cervesas! Please don't think that I'm actually learned enough to be bilinqual...I only know words "in case of emergency."

JoviFan said...

Fwiz, You have no idea how much I'd LOVE to pack up my bags and get the hell out of here. A move is probably inevitable at some point. I'm miserable here 11 months, 3 weeks and 6 days a year. And then we have that one day of summer and things start to look up enough to dupe me into another year of misery.

Canoes under my shoes said...

I had a friend with seasonal affective disorder. She moved to Key West for the winter. Now, she's in Minneapolis. Yeah...I don't know what happened either.

Surfwahine said...

Hey Jovi... Come West!! Sure we have our earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides etc but hey, I can wear shorts year round!!

Juanita said...

Think Midwest. It's God's Country out here, and a well-kept secret, too! You'd love it, though I think you'd secretly miss all your misadventures on the public transport system.

Mo said...

I'm sick of this nonsense too...tell me where we're moving...I'll start packing now!!!!