Sunday, February 12, 2006

Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland






As predicted by the meteorologists, Boston awoke to many inches of snow on the ground. Lots more was falling with no end in sight.

Luckily I have Stephen in my life; he keeps me active and motivates me to get outsides on days like today. We took an early morning walk to get a coffee. We didn't just head to one of the many coffee joints very close to his place. Instead, we ventured all the way to Coolidge Corner, several miles from his place. The snow was beautiful and there wasn't a sould out and about. The wind, however, was punishing and I felt as if my face was about to freeze off at any minute. When the wind was calm, the walking was actually pleasant. That was actually the case for most of the walk.

At any rate, here are some pictures of the winter wonderland. I thought it might be nice to post a few shots. The temperatures are supposedly going to be on the rise toward the end of the week, so hopefully some of the snow will melt away.

On a positive note, I have no school tomorrow!

5 comments:

Juanita said...

That kind of snow is my worst f-ing nightmare. I hate, hate, hate snow. Hate it! You, however, appear to be making the best of it. I'm not sure how that's possible, but more power to you. Is everybody out there sufficiently stock-piled? Anybody going to starve because they didn't pillage the grocery store? I have to admit, when you get that kind of storm, the hoarding and stockpiling makes a wee bit of sense. Happy snow day!

Anonymous said...

Holy CRAP! It's like 30 degree's here, but dang, nothing compared to that. Glad I moved when I did!

JoviFan said...

I hate snow, too. What can you do?

Anonymous said...

I miss the snow a little bit. It is beautiful when it first falls. It was fun to play in as a kid, but I don't like cold. The pictures are cool. Glad you posted them.

Canoes under my shoes said...

SNOW DAY!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!