Sunday, February 26, 2006

Way Cool!

Wow! A few months back, when I was trying to shop at Gap online, I was confused as to why I could not open the Gap page on my computer. After conducting a little research, I found that the Gap site does not support the Safari Mac browser. I therefore downloaded a little browser called "Firefox" which I used to open the Gap page. I then closed out of Firefox and have not given it another thought.

In reading Reesie's blog, I learned that the voting has indeed begun for week 1 of the new Donald Trump show series. Reesie sagely encouraged me to go to the Apprentice site to watch the videos so that, to use her words, I wouldn't have to "go into it blind."

I was annoyed to see that these video clips would not play on my Mac. Having resigned myself to the fact that I'd be on the horn with the Apple guy for three hours, trying to figure out which media player I needed to install, I picked up my phone, settled in comfortably at the computer, and prepared myself for the never-ending process of executing 2,009 downloads.

The Apple guy asked me, "Before we get started, do you happen to have Firefox." I said yes and the Apple Guy encouraged me to try viewing the clips with the Firefox browser instead of Safari. Sure enough, I was able to view them. Way cool! Of course, they took a little longer to see and cue up,but I don't care. As long as I get to see them in order to make some educated guesses!

Then I had another brillian idea! If Firefox could allow me to see the Donald Trump clips, perhaps it would also help me get the full menu on the blogger site.

Sure enough It worked!!!

I can publish in italics or in bold!

How great is this? Reesie, I'm sure I can now add the sidebar stuff. You'll have to tell me what to do again!

1 comment:

Mo said...

i'm so proud of you!! i Love love LOVE firefox...i actually use it a lot on my own computer. it just seems a lot more reliable than many other browsers...plus i believe it's powered by google...and who doesn't love google??

we'll have to have a tutoring session soon on the joy of html...we'll have the jovifan blog rocking out like "the jovi" himself!!