Thursday, December 15, 2005

Cheesy Workout Videos!




I am meeting some friends for a few drinks tonight, but I desperately need to get a workout in. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday after having my back doctor poke around and causing a little pain. I decided to take the night off from the gym. Convenient excuse. Anyway, as much of a pain as it is to exercise sometimes, I find that the feeling of guilt I experience when i don't is far stronger than any sense of aggravation I get at having to work out.

I hate guilt!

Anyway, I don't have time to make it to the gym tonight, so, as is always the case when I can't get to the gym, I'm going to bust out one of my cheesy workout videos. About 2 and a half years ago, I saw this infomercial for a workout system called "The Firm." I probably saw it on the boob tube at like 3 AM or something.

It looked kind of interesting. A good mixture of strength training and cardio. So, I ordered it . I fully expected that it would sit there, doing nothing but take up space and collect dust. In fact, just the opposite has occured. I use it all the time, and I have bought several different "Firm" series.

The women in these videos are ridiculous, of course. They are supposedly this cult of Texas moms who decided to break into the home fitness industry. They all have the full face of makeup, the sprayed wigs and the little matching workout outfits. They have names like Tammy and Libby and they all have the most annoying accents. They sound like they're talking straight out of their noses.

Prissy Texas bitches.

I have to admit, however, that these workout are excellent. I still sweat my butt off every time I do them!

I especially like the arm strength training segments. Welcome to the gun show!

3 comments:

Juanita said...

Could they BE as cheesy as Richard Simmons? He's got a face full of make-up and a sprayed wig, too. Not to mention the little matching outfit. Here's my shameful secret...Richard Simmons is too hard for me! I can't do it! It's not the intensity of it, I'm just not coordinated enough to follow it. I like Kathy Smith's Walk to Fitness...something like that. It's the only tape simple enough for moi.

Have fun at your Trump-tastic Fiesta tonight! Try my cosmo recipe, you won't be disappointed.

JoviFan said...

I dont' like cosmos. I stick to beer. The good Eastern European stuff, if you will!
I'm off to watch Trump. No screwing around!

Juanita said...

Honey, if you don't like cosmos, maybe you just haven't had one of mine! Could you believe the finale last night? I thought what's-his-name showed NO CLASS when he made his comment about "there's only one apprentice." I really liked him up until then. I hope what's-her-name gets an offer today and kicks what's-his-name's ass on their projects.