Sunday, December 04, 2005

Weekend Time Machine


Another weekend coming to a close. Has somebody pushed the fast forward button on my weekend time machine again?

Jesus, enough about time machines. Somebody might accuse me of being interested in science fiction, which I most certainly am not.

I don't get that stuff at all. Darth Vader and all the rest of them. My boyfriend, Stephen, convinced me to watch the five seconds of footage in one of the 800 Star Wars movies. I can't even tell you which one it was. And I only deigned to watch it because it featured Samuel L. Jackson (who I want to play me in my autobiographical film some day). Anyway, the scene shows how Jackson's character got killed. In one of my previous posts, I expressed my disappointment at Jackson for having lowered himself to appearing in these films. But at least he had the good sense to approach the director and request that his character get killed so that he would not have to prolong what I can only imagine was pure agony for an actor of his ilk. Back to the Star Wars thing....

In the movie, some skinny white geeky guy gets burned to death or something, and these idiots decide to place him in some black, protective plastic suit. This is supposedly the birth of Darth Vader. I hope they put some gauze on him before covering him with that plastic. I mean, really. Aren't burn wounds supposed to be able to breath? What do I know? Anyway, he gets up and starts barking orders at everybody. But, instead of having the Vienna boys choir voice he had prior to getting 3rd degree burns on over 98 percent of his body, he now has the voice of James Earl Jones. What the hell is that about? Am I really supposed to believe that this guy turned into a velvety-voiced brother following these life thretening burns? The one thing that is clarified is the whole mystery of why Darth Vader has these terrible breathing difficulties. Burn victims often end up with respiratory infections and such, so now I get the whole breathing thing.

Why am I writing about this garbage? I guess I'm procrastinating before exercising.

I can't believe that it is snowing like a mother out there right now. It has been going on since early this morning. What the hell am I doing in New England? I have been thinking of getting out of here for years! I think I have to make my move sometime soon. I have to get to a place where people have never even heard of winter coats, gloves, and the like.

This New England lark is a joke!

Anyway, I'm sure I could rant further, but if I don't get up and exercise now, I will find some excuse not to do it!

That's no good.

See ya!

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Have you considered the midwest? It doesn't snow much here anymore since the whole global-warming thing came into vogue. Of course, we don't have the mass transportation you're used to, but the cost of living is such that you can afford to drive, and we usually don't pay for parking. Think about it...

Anonymous said...

As I have said before, you should consider Florida. There are wonderful people here, like me! I moved here and have never picked up a shovel again!!!! Lovin it. You are welcome to vacation anytime you want. I will be bored stiff over school vacation. Think about a vaca.