Thursday, December 29, 2005

Scenes from the Mall



People, join me in allowing the jean jacket to rest in peace. I was at the mall yesterday and couldn't believe how many ill-fitting, relic of the 80's, in-many-cases acid washed jean jackets I saw. Yes, just so that there are no questions, this blog is being written in 2005. I know it can be rough to let go of a good thing, but seriously, let's join hands and get each other through this. I know it will be a pretty intense mourning period, but you know what, let's just face our grief now rather than put it off until later. It always sucks to go through the pain, but my personal philosophy is that it is better to get it over with and make it water under the bridge and move on now. Why let the elephant continue to inhabit the room?

Go ahead, say it out loud. The jean jacket is dead. Go on, get a kleenex. Let it all out. Don't stifle your emotions. Go on, the tears are a good thing.

And while we're at it, let's just get our our scissors and make those mullets a thing of the past, too.

Please, join me in eradicating these fashion maladies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the mullet should die too, it is just too much. For a good hardy laugh, please go to mulletsgalore.com. Priceless.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the jean jacket should die. I just think its ridiculous when someone wears all denim. Say what you want, nothing is sexier than when Jon Bon Jovi has on the leather pants and the denim jacket. Point being, as long as you dont pair it up with legwarmers and jelly shoes, you're all set

Canoes under my shoes said...

There's this guy at church who has a 1983 mullet...and I saw this Sunday that he'd had the "party in back" chopped off. I wanted to compliment his updated coif, but decided against it seeing as how I've never spoken to him before in my entire life. It might seem a little too much like a backhanded compliment, which, in all honesty, it would've been.

I sort of like the denim jeans vest over a sundress a la Sienna Miller. Like lms 129, I do object to a 100% denim ensemble.