Sunday, December 18, 2005

Merry Christmas to AL and to AL a Good Night




How cute is this? Well, then again, I shouldn't even have to start off with this question. If any story of mine has AL as a subject, then the story will, by default, be cute.

Last Friday, before the Jovi show, Lauren was preparing Allison for the fact that she would be going out. She reminded her, several times during the day, that "Mommy and Auntie are going to see Bon Jovi and you get to stay home with Caroline and Daddy and have pizza!" (Ally is obsessed with pizza, the pizza man, the pizza box, folding the pizza so as to avoid getting a single stain on her clothes, a skill she mastered at the tender age of 18 months).

I stayed at Lauren's the night of the Bon Jovi show, and early the next morning, Ally was righ in the room waking me up. She was so excited that I was there. We had gone to bed at 2 AM and it was now just before 7 AM. I wanted desperately to get more sleep, but when I saw that cute little face with the banana curls aflutter, how could I close my eyes again? So, my day was set into full throttle thanks to the sweetest alarm clock in the world.

Anyway, as I struggled to drag myself to my feet, Lauren said, "Ally, tell Auntie where Mommy was last night." Ally, obviously well-trained from the day before said, "Mommy and Auntie go see Bon Jovi!"

As if that weren't cute enough, Lauren prompted her further. "Do you like Bon Jovi?" she asked.

Ally said,"Yes. He have nice smile."

Cute. Bright. And great taste. This kid is a chip off the old auntie block!

Anyway, as if that weren't cute enough, Lauren was talking with her the other day about Santa and Christmas. For the past month, Al has been insisting that Lauren would be getting a necklace from Santa. When Lauren asked her "What is Santa going to bring Mommy?" she was expecting the "necklace" reply. However, Ally became immersed in some deep thought. Lauren decided to help her along by asking, "Is Santa bringing Mommy a necklace?" Ally replied, "Ahhhh...no. I fink Santa bring mommy Bon Jovi."

This would be a very merry christmas indeed for Lauren.

Yesterday, when Lauren and I were making our seemingly daily run to Target, I asked Ally where we were going. She said, "Ahhh...Mommy see Bon Jovi. Auntie go Target with Allison."

Lauren and I have this child well trained!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Allison is truly adorable. I feel sad I have only really seen in her in photos and not real life. She would have been an adorable flower girl at my wedding, I'm so sad they can't make it. She has the cutest face and curls I have ever seen!!!! I can't believe her wig, it's so precious.

Juanita said...

Bon Jovi has a nice...smile? Not what I thought she'd say after reading your description. You seem to be more focused on his "other attributes." That is one cute kid. I would pay some serious money for curls like that. My nieces call me "Tia" which is Spanish for "Auntie" (you probably knew that) and my sister is known as "Tatie" to my kids...(French for "Auntie.) Check out my sister's blog sometime, her kids have curls much like your little Allison. Click on her comments on my blog to get to her blog, she's "LauritaJuanitaSanchez."