Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!



I know my blogging has become a bit sporadic, but what self-respecting Irish (albeit 3rd-generation-and-never-been-to-Ireland) girl would miss a St. Paddy's Day post! (rhymes with toast, doesn't it? See, the day is ripe for merriment!)

The day has been pretty quiet, yet productive up to this point. I actually had the day off. The school district tries to claim that we have the day off for Evacuation Day, but we all know that the real holiday here is St. Patrick's Day. The only thing I will be evacuating today is my state of sobriety.



I got up this morning and set about readying myself for the day ahead. One of the things I had to remind myself to do was go buy some of the necessary St. Patrick's Day eau de vie, BEER! I decided to use my "Irish palm pilot" to make sure that I would accomplish the task even if I managed to momentarily forget it.




I'm going to try to spot a Leprechaun today. I hear they bring good luck. I was walking around East Somerville yesterday after work and I saw a really short guy walking around drinking a beer in the street. He did have green teeth, so I was going to count him as my Leprechaun, but then I realized that two small details might prevent me from doing so. First of all, (and this is really just semantics, I know), I saw him on March 16th and not March 17th, and secondly, this guy looked more like an "Enrique Cruz" than a "Patrick McMurphy." I guess I'll have to turn over a few more stones today to try to find a legit Leprechaun.



I just want to leave you with the final thought that you should all try, on this St. Paddy's Day, to love beer as much as I do. If you love it enough, it will love you back. I promise!

2 comments:

Surfwahine said...

You just crack me up!! LOVE the Irish palm pilot ... hey, I have two!!

Juanita said...

Me, too! Love the Palm Pilot. Low tech, oh-so-functional and multi-purpose! You could make a fortune with the right marketing plan.