Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thousands March in Protest of Juanita Sanchez's Silence!



INTERNATIONAL outrage at the sudden removal of the celebrated blog, "Juanita's Casita" from the Blogger website has reached fever pitch in the past 24 hours.

People in major cities around the world, from Beijing, China to Lima, Peru have taken to the streets to demand Sanchez's return to the world of blogging.

"She's left us out in the cold, slammed the door of Juanita's Casita right in our virtual faces," laments Johannes Albrecht of Berlin, Germany. "How could Juanita do this to us? Has she forgotten that we have come to depend upon her witty blog entries to carry us through our day?"

Mr. Albrecht is not the only one who fondly recalls the days of Sanchez's frequent posts. "I guess I used to take it for granted that I would be able to read about what was going on in her life. I never realized how her cute turns of phrase or self-depricating humor helped add a fun little zing to my day," said Fiona Walsh of Dublin, Ireland.

Sanchez reportedly removed her missives from the Blogger website because of some comments she had made in regards to an upcoming trial.

Ms. Nancy, a civics teacher from Boston, Massachusetts has made several attempts to persuade Sanchez to return to the blogger scene by reminding her of her Constitutional right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment. Nancy reminded Sanchez that this right also extends to written word.

"Yeah, that might be what your little teachers' edition tells you, but just wait until you've found yourself on this side of the long arm of the law," retorted Sanchez when confronted with this "pathetic attempt at an entirely unsollicited civics lesson." Juanita further quipped, "If I had given a shit about civics, I would have listened to my windbag 8th grade teacher instead of making out with the boys in the back of the class."

Ms. Nancy is not offended by Sanchez's frosty response. "I understand that Juanita is under a lot of pressure here. I mean, sure, I can sit there, perched comfortably at my metal desk on which an obviously functionally illiterate student wrote, 'fork you' at some point before I even started teaching at the school, and say that she has the right to free speech. It is she, though, who has to stand there before Judge Wapner in a court of law and potentially explain why she has lengthy missives of trial-related commentary nestled snugly between tales of her kids' runny noses and her sister's new boyfriend."

Other faithful followes of Sanchez's blog, however, are not so understanding.

Reesie of York, Maine was devastated upon learning of the blog's removal from the site. "At first I thought it was an accident," Reesie reported from her computer station at work. (Let the record note that Reesie was blogging on her own personal site during company hours.) Reesie contacted her cousin, Ms. Nancy, through whose blog she originally came to be a frequenter of Juanita's Casita. "I could not believe it when I heard that the removal of the blog was intentional on Juanita's behalf," Reesie said. "Why would anybody rook you in, make you a faithful reader, make their blog a significant part of your day, and then just let you down like that?" Reesie could only shake her head at this point, clearly still in disbelief.

Surfwhine of California is also curious about the whereabouts of Juanita's blog. "I have tried to contact several people in my little virtual blogging community, but there has been no information forthcoming." Other bloggers are apparently trying to hide the upsetting news from this reader in order to avoid further emotional upset among Sanchez's most faithful readers.

Lizfwiz of Florida is holding a candel light vigil in her church to pray for the safe return of Junita's Casita.

Although Sanchez cannot be reached for comment and appears to be have gone into hiding, sources close to the once prolific blogger report that she checks in regularly to read the Jovifan blog. To that end, this story has been posted here so that she may find it and realize that millions around the globe have mobilized themselves to voice their desire for her to return to the world of blogging.



One group of young protesters in Sydney, Australia held up this sign to send the message that they will not surrender until the Casita is once again open for business.

12 comments:

Juanita said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Oh behalf of Mrs. Juanita Juanita Sanchez, I thank you for your concern. Juanita truly and sincerely regrets that she has temporarily suspended her blog. In light of the world-wide protests and candlelight vigils, she might even consider lifting the self-imposed ban, IF A F*ING REPORTER HAD NOT CALLED HER THIS VERY AFTERNOON, thereby increasing her paranoia exponentially. Damn.

Poor Juanita is down, but she's not out. Just laying low for a few short months. I hear she's staying busy planning her victory on the Apprentice Fantasy Game.

Mo said...

Oh my Gosh!! In all seriousness it really has plagued me for days!! I didn't know where Juanita was!! I thought maybe she had entered the witness protection program, and perhaps I wasn't too far off!! No lie, I've checked every day to see if the Sanchez has returned. And every day, a silent tear rushes down my cheek only to wait for another to join it the very next day...

A quote from one of my favorite movies of all time Empire Records goes out to Juanita the Sanchez...

"Don't let the man get you down!!"

Save Sanchez!! Save Sanchez!! Save Sanchez!!!

JoviFan said...

See, the protests are inensifying? Reesie is obviously getting ready to take to the streets!

Canoes under my shoes said...

I have to stand by my sister, Juanita Juanita Sanchez. The removal of her blog, though painful, is critical for her peace of mind.

I would ask others to rally behind her and support her decision.

I do believe I can say with some conviction that Juanita will re-appear sometime in the months to come. I just can't say when.

She will blog when it's safe to blog.

I love mi hermana.

Anonymous said...

She will rise again!

Juanita said...

"She will blog when it's safe to blog." Yep, Laurita, that pretty much sums it up. Sorry guys. In the meantime, BLOG ON, Sisters!

Juanita said...

Oh, and Jovi, don't forget to post your Friday Night Beer Pic. It's one small consolation in my blogless misery.

Surfwahine said...

Juanita's Casita is "no mas ... que lastima !!" I just thought she was too busy with her new job!We'll be looking for her in the future!

Surfwahine said...

Juanita's Casita is "no mas ... que lastima !!" I just thought she was too busy with her new job!We'll be looking for her in the future!

Anonymous said...

I was surprised to se that Juanita's Casita has been condemned!

LizFwiz said...

What the hell happened to Juanita??? Is she okay?

Canoes under my shoes said...

Hey Jovi! I totally know this entry is tongue in cheek. No problem. I just wanted to support Juanita...who is fine, btw!

Gracias!