Sunday, March 12, 2006

You GOTTA get Rhapsody!



Ok, let me just say that this Rhapsody music service RULES!!!

For just 10 dollars a month, I can listen to literally any song by any artist I want at any time. It is sooooo cool! If I don't know what I am in the mood to listen to, I can do genre searches that will suggest songs or bands. If I have a specific artist in mind, I can look them up, and not only will I have their entire music library at my disposal, but there will also be suggestions of similar artists that I might be interested in. Most of the time, there are bands I like, but have long forgotten or whatever. Then I go to their libraries and listen to all their stuff.

There are also several "radio stations" I can listen to. I am currently listening to the Cranberries because when I logged into Rhapsody today, I didn't have any specific groups in mind so I played the "90's radio" station for a while. The Cranberries came on and I thought, "Oh yeah, I like those guys." So, I went into their music catalog and am currently playing their greatest hits.

I am a bit limited as to what I can do with Rhapsody on the Mac. PC users can create playlists and personal libraries. But I'm not too discouraged. About a month ago, Rhapsody would not even open to the Mac, but I was checking it periodically and about a week ago, boom, there it was, ready to go on the Mac. I'm sure it will be just a matter of time before I can use the site as broadly as PC users can.

If I really wanted to, I could spend 15 dollars a month and have the same service, with the added feature of being able to download an unlimited number of songs onto my iPod. I have not opted for that plan yet, but I just might!

It is really fun.

I heard about this site from Stephen, who uses it extensively on his PC. He loves it. I am jealous of his ability to create and save playlists, but still, I'm sure my Mac will catch up soon.

Actually, Stephen has been awesome enough to create several 80's playlists for me, and he knows to just cue them up whenever I come over. Isn't that sweet? I mean, the minute I cross the threshhold into his dump, he knows to just cue the Jovi and full volume! Not that Jovi is all 80's, mind you. Their career is alive and kicking, but he puts them into the 80s list, and I won't argue. Semantics aren't important in some cases!

As for Fwiz and the others who have demanded photographic evidence of my wonderful boyfriend, feast your eyes on these great shots. I think Stephen feels a little strange about being on my blog, so if he sees this and requests that they be taken down, I will oblige.

So take a peek while these are still posted...





Here is Stephen standing outside the 1972 Munich Olympic stadium. The very same upon which the film "Munich" is based. We visited there this summer. Under a dark, rainy sky. Of course!





This is a great shot of Stephen enjoying a rest in a Munich Biergarten.




Here we both are salivating over a gorgeous red Audi that we'll never own in our wildest dreams. This was taken at the Audi museum in Ingolstadt, Germany.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

Wow! He is cute as a button, (in a manly kind of way.) Lucky you. And you guys make a good looking couple. I can see you in that Audi, cruising the autobahn...