Monday, April 16, 2007

Another Boston Wash



This is pretty much what the Boston weather forcast has looked like for the past 10 days. And we are promised at least 5 straight more days of this. The only part of this picture that is not actually representative of what's going on here are the temperatures shown. It is only going to be 38 degrees tomorrow. It will be nowhere near the 50 degrees shown on the weather chart.

I know I have to get over it, but at this point, a deep, weather-related depression has set in.




The city pretty much looks like this right now.

It could be worse. I saw, for myself, how Stephen's parents were getting socked with up to 2 feet of snow in New Hampshire. At least we're only getting rain. But the fact that it has been going on for DAYS ON END is driving me insane!

I went to the gym this morning. In the literally 50 seconds that it takes me to walk to the T, (and the T was right there, waiting for me to board when I got to the stop, so there was no additional time outside), every stitch of clothing on my body was utterly drenched.



But the shit weather did not stop the 111th running of the Boston Marathon. The marathon course goes right outside our building, but I only went outside to cheer on the runners when the rain briefly abated.

When the elite Kenyan runners cruised past my building, I was watching from the living room window. I was not out there cheering them on in person.

Hell, there's an 80,000 dollar purse in the race for these guys. What's in it for me? A whole lot of nothing. So, I'm not going to subject myself to that crap!

No comments: