Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Shout Out to Jules!



Date: April 17, 2007.

Current Actual Temperature: 41 degrees

Current "Real Feel" Temperature: 22 degrees.

Current Weather: 10th straight day of unremitting, unrelenting, ceaseless, endless, interminable freezing rain.

This Blogger's Current State of Mind: Verge of weather-induced mental collapse.

While the weather reamins a source of spleen for me, and although the entire day SUCKED in that department, I cannot claim that the day was entirely unproductive.

Wedding shoe shopping was hanging over my head like an anvil; with my size 11 Jurassic Park feet, shoe shopping is rarely a pleasure. Shoe shopping for a very special occasion is even more stressful.

Realizing the limitations that my lack of a car puts on me in times such as these, Jules graciously offered to take me shoe shopping. And today, I took her up on her offer.

We went to two stores, one way out in Woburn, and the other in Burlington.

What a pain in the neck it is to have to find a pair of white shoes. Who'd have thunk it?

I just needed something simple and elegant. I wanted to avoid super high heels. This is not as easy as it sounds. Sure, there were plenty of white shoes, but most of them had those wooden/cork or black bottoms. I didn't think that would look particularly stunning with my wedding dress. The ones that were all white were waaaaaaaaaay too high. Jesus, not only are the heels like 67 inches high, but they are like a milimeter in width. So, even if they weren't that high, I'd never be able to talk on the things. I'm much too heavy to be supported by something that's about the same circumference as a freakin toothpick!

We moved onto the DSW store where I managed to find not one, but two pairs of shoes. Both were very nice, and each was the same price. I couldn't decide on which pair right there at the store,so I bought both. I will eventually decide and then return one.

But honestly, Jules did me a huge favor, the magnitude of which she did not seem to fully grasp. She seemed to be under the impression that she hadn't done anything extraordinary at all. But getting the shoes is a HUGE item off of my checklist. I am sooo relieved to have this done.

Thanks Jules!!!!

Even the crappy weather can't cast a shadow on my gratitude!

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Yay, Nants! You're crossing off items on that list, aren't you? I've been wondering how you're holding up in that godawful weather out there. You poor thing. (P.S. I can't wait to read your blog about the Trump Show, but I haven't watched it yet. I taped it so I could watch it with Paul, and now that the tax deadline is over, we'll be catching up on it soon.)

Mo said...

Jules Rules!!

I had the worst time trying to find shoes last year. It took 4 different David's Bridals in 3 different states, and about a dozen other places to find the ones I wanted...and haven't worn since. I might dye them though-they were pretty cute:)