Monday, April 16, 2007

Trump Show...An Unexciting Final Four



The Trump Show was a real touchy-feely family affair last night, wasn't it?

I mean, it isn't often that both Don Jr. and Ivanka are on hand to assist the Donald. Usually we get one or the other. I don't know what it is about Don Jr., but I don't like the guy. He looks like total walking penis. Is that really gross to say? Well, I just can't think of any other way to describe it. The dude is one ugly f'er. I'm just saying. And he seems like a total wuss.

Enough about him, though.

The other lovely moment came when the final four aspiring apprentices were able to meet up with the now extended Trump family of former winners.

Jesus, was I the only person who had entirely forgotten about that dude Kelly? And what about Kendra? I mean, really. We get some visits from Bill and Randall from time to time, but where are these other two? What are they doing for Trump, anyway? Whereas Bill and Randall are managing major construction projects, Kelly and Kendra are probably managing the coffee shops in the lobbys of the major Trump buildings or something.

Anyway, a few words on the final 4.




James is obviously bright and talented, but I can't stand the "used car salesman" voice and volume. Is the guy capable of simply speaking, or must he always employ the bullhorn voice? I just don't get it. And have you ever seen anybody smile the way this guy does? When he smiles, his mouth freezes into this wide open, perfectly formed "O." And there he stays, frozen in this expression for minutes on end. Its kind of creepy. He seems like such a frat boy. I guess I could see him working for Trump, as long as his employees were hearing impaired and actually needed that kind of volume. I can't imagine anybody calmly accepting being screamed at all day long.



This Nicole bitch is driving me crazy. How could Tim fall for her? I mean, he isn't any kind of prize package himself (particularly since he screwed me in the App-Reese-Tice game buy getting canned when he was my 500 point season pick.) Nicole is immature, annoying, irritating, and possessed of the single most annoying voice/accent combo I've ever heard in my life. I think I would have to shoot myself if she were my colleague and I had to listen to her all day long. Also, I have to take issue with the Bozo the Clown eye makeup. Don't they have some makeup people working on this show. Nicole looks like a raccoon who got the shit kicked out of her in a back alley somewhere.



Stefani might actually be the most competent, mature person here, but she's got the drunken Betty Davis lipstick syndrome.



I'm surprised Frank has made it as far as he has. I think it has been beneficial to him that he's had immature teammates like Nicole and James who think he's funny rather than annoying and goofy. But, there must be something there I'm not seeing because Trump actually likes the jerk.

My prediction...I think Frank will take it all.

But here's the thing....

regardless of who wins, I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the show this season.

It has been somewhat lackluster, particularly in these advanced stages of the "interview process."

This past episode, featuring the final 4 in a bid to win a competition to write a commercial for some air freshener" didn't even result in a canning. The teams, in the boardroom, were completely unconfrontational and did nothing but praise each other's work ethics. Boring.

Furthermore, Trump announced that the next show will be the season finale in which he'll select the winner from the final 4.

Huh?

This leaves me to believe that there won't even be a final project. Will it just be some 2 hour boardroom in which the 4 final players will tear each other apart?

I don't know, but I will be tuning in to find out.

I'm might be slightly unimpressed, but I haven't given up on Trump yet.

2 comments:

Mo said...

AMEN!! I have to admit that my heart hasn't been into this show at ALL this season. Case in point, I recorded the show on Sunday, and skipped to the end to see what happened. I was like "what??? no 'you're fired!?!?!" I think Trump knows this season was a bust too so he's giving it the bum's rush!

I can't stand Nicole either, and she has zero chance of getting the job. Her lack of articulation is astounding to me. This petty little show of Tim and Nicole really bugged the shit out of me. She has to go...has to!!

Is this awful-I don't even care who wins...I may not even watch the finale...it's just that boring this season!!

Anonymous said...

I compleatly agree with you about Frank. I thought he should have been gone since episode 1. I can't stand him I also think your right about Frank winning the game too. Seems like the Donald has taken quite a shine to him for some strange reason. (Maybe because they both have that annoying Brooklyn accent?) I was surprised he didn't fire anyone at all last weeek! James and Stefani's commercial stunk. My mother thinks that James is going to win the apprenticeship though. We shall see on Sunday. It was nice to see you today, I had a good timne with you and Jules. Hope you didn't mind me comming but it's better than sitting in the house all day. :)