Friday, April 06, 2007

GOOD Friday, Indeed!



I'm not a very religious person, but I'll fall to my knees and thank the Lord for giving us good Friday off. Or maybe that was our school committee. Either way, I'm extremely thankful. I know we teachers get a lot of time off, and most other professionals would laugh at this, but the stretch of time between February break and April break is unbearably long. There's nothing to look forward to in March. The month is long. There's not even a hint of a long weekend to be found. The weather sucks. Need I continue?

Speaking of crappy weather, it is 25 degrees here in Boston on this April 6th. Yes, I said 25 degrees. Yes....that IS INDEED 7 degrees below freezing. In April.

You can contend that I've lived in New England all my life and that I should be used to it by now. I'm used to it, but that doesn't mean I can't hate it. I have to take advantage of the day off to take care of some errands. I thought I might even do a little shopping. While I'm out, I might see if I can pick up a little light spring jacket, suitable for New England springs. Something like the little number pictured below.



In all seriousness, though, I think I will go on a hunt for wedding shoes today. I thought I found a decent pair, but they didn't have them in my size at the store, so they had to order them. When they came in the mail, I tried them on and felt like I'd stuck my foot into some animal trap. They were slightly uncomfortable. Let's just leave it at that.



I'll fill you in on any purchases I make.

As if you give a rat's ass!!

Ha ha. Peace out, y'all.

5 comments:

Canoes under my shoes said...

I give a rat's ass. If they are under a long dress...go for flats. That's my assvice.

Surfwahine said...

I agree with Laurita flats are the way, I went for slippers, not ruby just ballet!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. I love shoe shopping if you need a ride any where! :)

Jules

JoviFan said...

Thanks, Jules. Might have to take you up on that. Any idea where I can find some good ones?

Anonymous said...

DSW is fun. I really like OffBroadway shoe too. I'm not really sure what you're looking for though. I bet we can hit up a few places and find something. You don't want those dyable things, right?