Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Konichiwa



What can I say, I already have Dice-K fever. I am really excited to see the new Japanese phenome, Matsuzaka, take the mound for the Sox at Fenway park tonight.

Stephen and I are going down to our local watering hole to have a beer and watch some of the game down there. I shouldn't really be drinking any booze since my back has kept me from exercising for the past few days, but what the hell. It isn't every day that you get to see a guaranteed legend throw his first game in his home park.

Besides which, I havent' seen any of the Sox games to date, so I have to get in the groove.

And today's probably just as good a day as any, seeing as where we are getting a fucking noreaster tomorrow, which the weathercaster literally just said is likely to be a three day event.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hype of Dice-K's outing was overshadowed by a near perfect game by his opponent, Hernandez.

I went to the Jays home opener on Monday. Home openers are great because it's always packed... and it's nice and warm under the dome :)

JoviFan said...

Yes, Hernandez did pitch a fantastic game. Kudos to that bastard! Dice-K certainly didn't live up to his hype last night, but unlike most Red Sox fans who've already completely give up on the guy (according to water cooler convreations today at work), I'm giving him another chance. I'm ready to roll the Dice-K one more time!!!

Juanita said...

No! Nooooooooooooooooooo! It isn't right. This is APRIL for godsakes. Snow and baseball. Not a match.

Anonymous said...

I don't miss that weather at all, those tree's look terrible! Can't wait to see you in June.

Canoes under my shoes said...

Where is that global warming Al Gore promised us???