Friday, April 28, 2006

Beer and Ramen Noodles...Not Just For Broke College Kids Anymore!



The pressure is on for me to keep to my promise to post my regular Friday night beer pics! Not only is Juanita constantly at the ready to jump down my throat if I have not posted a beer pic by 12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time, but now Bike is in on the act as well. And Bike is pulling out the big guns. He has just made me aware of the fact that there is somebody else out there posting beer pics and stealing my thunder.

It is now almost 11:00 PM on Friday night, and I am just now posting my beer pic. I have a good excuse, and no, it does not involve being too busy drinking beer to actually post a picture of beer.

Let my recap my day for y'all.

Actually, I have to pick up from where yesterday left off.

1. I had a full day of school yesterday, came home straight after school, squeezed in a workout, and then headed straight back to school where I had to endure parent conferences from 6-8:30. The evening conferences always take a lot out of us. Staying so late is really painful because I know I just have to get up at the crack of dawn to start anew the next day.

2. Today was a really tough day at school. I was tired. It was long. I left my house at 7:15, having gotten off to a LATE start.

3. Right after school, I walked over to my mom's work to drop something off for her to deliver to my sister.

4. I worked out at the gym for 90 minutes.

5. Right from the gym, I went to the wake of my friend, Becky's, grandmother. I went with my other friend, Faye.

6. After the wake, we went to a bar in Central Square for a drink and a bite to eat. I had been craving a BEER all day long, but instead ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc. Faye is much more of a cocktail person, and wine seemed to fit the mood better. I ate a small salad, but wasn't in the mood for much more.

7. I took the train to Davis Square (thinking it would be easier for me to catch the bus from there to come home rather than walk from Central. My shoes were killing me.) When I got to Davis, I had these visions of a Czechevar at Red Bones dancing in my head. I decided I was in the mood for a nice cold beer, after all. Red Bones, however, was so jam packed that I could not even move, so I left. No beer.

8. After taking the train to the bus and walking from the bus to my place, I have decided that I am in fact dying for a beer and quite hungry.

9. I am now drinking the one bottle of Jever beer I had in my fridge along with a packet of "healthy" ramen noodles.

10. I am feeling pathetic that this is how I am ending my Friday night. And I am also thinking that I have to tackle the chore of going upstairs, getting myself ready to hit the gym early and pack up what I will need to spend the day in NH with Stephen and his parents tomorrow.

So you see, I am now dispelling the myth that beer and ramen noodles are exclusively meant for college kids.

5 comments:

Juanita said...

Ahhhh! What a lovely picture! Alas, I can't comment on the Ramen Noodles as I have never, ever eaten them in my entire life. Well, except as an ingredient in this oriental coleslaw-type salad. But they're dried and crushed up in the salad, so it probably doesn't count. You know, you didn't hear a peep out of me last Friday, and I DID notice the appalling lack of beer photography on your blog, BTW. What can I say? I like the beer pic. Gotta have the beer pic.

Bike said...

Nice!

LizFwiz said...

juanita,,,,when are you coming back?

Juanita said...

Lizfwiz, I wish I knew. Maybe December.

Canoes under my shoes said...

"I have never eaten them in my entire life"...

Well, Juanita...la dee DA to YOU! You're probably one of those artsy fartsy types who orders spaghetti in a restaurant because you didn't get totally freakin' sick and tired of the sh!t in college.

(little light hearted ribbing between sisters. tee hee)

Jovifan, nice beer pic. Sorry it was skunky. I hate when you're looking forward to something and then it disappoints.