Saturday, April 08, 2006

Sorry Juanita.....



I've neglected my Friday night beer pic posting duties again. Maybe I need to call it the "weekend beer pic" instead, to alleviate some of the pressure to have to get it done by Friday. Come on, Fridays are spent drinking beer, not posting pictures of beer!



Anyway....last night, Gene and I went to the Druid in Cambridge. The beers in there aren't really my favorites, but they do keep a small stash of Tiger beer, which is very light and refreshing. I had three of those last night, as well as a burger the size of my head. Hey, keep your shirts on, I did my two classes at the gym first!

The conundrum we face, week after week, is whether we should go to Bukowskis, which serves fabulous beers of all sorts, including my favorite Czechevar, but has crappy food, or whether we should go to the Druid, which has a crappy beer selection, but amazing food. Usually, on any given night, I'll take Bukowskis, but on Friday nights, after my workout, I'm too starving to screw around with crappy food, so we go straight to the Druid.

If you ever crave a good burger, waste no time in getting your ass to the Druid. They also make fantastic chicken salad, which I'm not usually a great admirer of. I can't vouch for the rest of the menu, but everything looks fantastic, from the basic green salad to the Guinness beef stew! I have to work my way through that menu. I'm sure I'll have no problems.

2 comments:

Bike said...

Czechevar is a good Beer! We drove by the brewery on our trip to Praha...should have stopped for a cold one. We did stop in Pilsen for a Pilsen--very tasty!

Juanita said...

I'm encouraged to see that you have your priorities in order, that is, Bukowskis usually prevails. Of course, I can understand the craving for a decent meal, especially on Friday night. Any chance you can sneak one of your good beers in to the Druid? Pour it in a styrofoam cup or something? Just imagine...the combination of your favorite beer with your favorite food...it's worth the risk! Unless you get caught and subsequently banned forever from the Druid and their monster-sized burgers. That would be bad. Well, it's something to consider.