Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Option Number Three...the Honda Fit



I just wanted to show you all the third in my trilogy of possible new vehicles. This is the all new Honda Fit. It will arrive in Honda showrooms in North America this month. I'm not sure of the date yet. I did some further research on it today. Although the base price is a little higher than the Toyota Yaris, it is equipped with more features on the base model than the Yaris. It has, for example, standard power windows, mirrors and locks, front and side airbags and a bunch of other comfort and safety features that cost extra on the Yaris and Scion. In any event, I think the side airbags are important. In this SUV filled world, we need to be protected in our small cars.

I will take Jules' comment about height under advisement. I have been called many things in my life, but petite is not one of them. I shall have to make sure that the leg room issue does not pose a problem. As for the Scion, I was already seated in one of those, and leg room appeared to be fine.

The funny thing about the Yaris is that, although the outside is much smaller than the Corolla, the interior suppsedly has just a little bit MORE room than the interior of the Corolla. As for the Honda Fit, they keep plugging away at the fact that the interior spacing is amazingly vast, in relation to the exterior appearance.

I shall keep you all posted.

But I did not want to deprive you of the opportunity of seeing the adorable Honda Fit, too!

1 comment:

Canoes under my shoes said...

Honda's never break down. That's a big plus.