Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Amazing....In That Rather Frightening Kind of Way



Can I just tell you that I LOVE my freakin' iMac? I mean, I honestly love this thing. It is gorgeous, sleek, modern, state-of-the art, fast (I go from powering it on to being online in less than 60 seconds), and can do just about anything. Of course, there are tons of things it can do that I'm not even aware of, I'm sure!

My web browser, Safari (Apple, of course), opens right to the MAC webpage. Since I bought my MAC in September, Apple has come out with about three different kinds of iPod, including the nano, and the little thingee that actually plays videos and TV shows. I'm not too crazy about the Nano; I find it too small, but I have to concede that the technology there is pretty incredible. Something the size of a credit card with the ability to hold 1,000 songs is nothing to be scoffed at.

Anyway, as I opened my browser today, I am greeted with news of yet another version of the iMac G5 (with the Apple iSight included) and some perversely powerful new Mac notebook.

There was also a link to a video of Steve Jobs (Apple's CEO) making his speech at the January 2006 Mac World Convention. I decided to watch it. I'm blown away not only by the fact that the reception on this thing is crystal clear, but by the fact that I've minimize the screen to be able to type this entry, yet I can still watch a little mineature window of it in my dock (desktop) while I type. The mimized window doesn't just disappear like it does on PC's.

Back to the frightening thing. Isn't it just a little bit creepy how freakin' smart these Apple dorks are?

I am turning into a total Mac Geek. Sign me up as a newly baptised member of "The Cult of Mac."

2 comments:

Juanita said...

I want a Mac SO STINKING BAD! I can't convince my bonehead husband...yet.

JoviFan said...

Get a Mac. Get a Mac. Get a Mac! I swear, although I have absolutely nothing to do with the production of Macs, I feel so proud of my little computer and all the things it can do. Besides which, I LOVE the Mac people. When you have a question, they are so patient! They don't get annoyed if you don't know all the lingo and they are willing to walk you through all the little fix-its. This is very unlike the Dell bastards. They are horrible, horrendous human beings!