Sunday, January 01, 2006

Bushism of the Day. January 1, 2006



One of my favorite gifts was a "Bushisms Calendar" I received from my friend, Beth. I'm sure you've seen these around; it is a little desk calendar and on every single page, there is a really stupid quote from George Bush. I know Bush is a regular human being and that we all misspeak on occasion, and that expecting him to be perfect at all times is unreasonable, but still....some of these are too funny, and some of them are just way too stupid to be attributable to simple verbal gaffes.

So, here is the January 1st Bushism. Enjoy.

"Free societies are hopeful societies. And free societies will be allies against these hateful few who have no conscience, who kill at the whim of a hat."

The whim of a HAT?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what's even more sad? That calendar (I assume) has 365 sheets to tear off. Its one thing to make an occasional blunder but it's pathetic that you make so many blunders that they can make a DAILY calendar of it. Yes, I voted for Bush but only because he was the better of the 2 candidates, thats not saying much.

JoviFan said...

Yeah, and there have been full calendars for every single year of his administration! And I'm sure there will be full calendars for every remaining year!