Sunday, January 29, 2006

Another Weekend Over



Friday...

Allie's 3rd Birthday party was Friday night. It was a lovely event, and lots of fun was had by all, especially Allie, who was showered with gifts! I gave her a pass to the Children's Museum and some little dollies. Allie loves Barbie dolls, and Barbie apparently has a little sister named Kelly. This little package I gave Allie had 5 little dollies, Kelly and 4 little "friends", all decked out to go to school. Allie was delighted with them and has taken to calling them "the little girls with the pack-packs." John, Allie's dad, went out and bought Allie's favorite meal of all times, PIZZA! The pizza proved, however, to be not what Allie had in mind. It was rather well done and it had "bubbles" on the surface, so Allie would not touch it! She is a very particular eater. She started dropping hints as to what she wanted by saying, over and over, "I Looooove Olives!" Luckily we had some olives on the premises, so Allie was quickly placated and the birthday meal proceeded without further incident.

Allie is so cute. She loved her party!



On Saturday night, Stephen and I decided to get a movie and relax. I was so disgusted by that "Hostel" movie, but found myself oddly intrigued by the idea of Eli Roth's prior film, "Cabin Fever." It is about these college kids who rent this cabin for a week, only to fall sick with a flesh-eating virus. The film was pretty gross, but funny. I could actually keep my eyes open for the entire duration. "hosel" was an entirely different story. I was so glad to have my winter scarf on hand during that one; I kept my face buried in it the entire time.

I remember leaving that film and asking my friend, Gene, "Hey, what was going on when I heard that chainsaw and heard the guy screaming his lungs out?"

Gene looked at me in disbelief. "First of all," he said, "you were sitting right there so you could have seen it for yourself. Secondly, what the hell do you THINK was happening when you heard a chainsaw and a kid screaming his lungs out?"

Very good points.

Anyway, Cabin Fever was much funnier and less horrific. I recommend it.



Today, I have to do some end-of-term grading. I'm not necessarily looking forward to computing the students' final averages. It probably won't be pretty!

Anyway, I'd better get working!

Peace out, Y'all!

2 comments:

Juanita said...

Not fair, not fair! You should be enjoying your Sunday. At the very least, contacting some MIT dorks about the reverse microwave idea. Why don't you let those lazy students of yours grade each other's papers, a tried-and-true method which I seem to recall from my school days?

Loved the pictures of Princess Allie. Ah, to be three again.

Anonymous said...

Cabin Fever was so gross! It is probably something Uncle Frank would like though. Has he seen the new Texas Chain Saw movies? Love the birthday story. Those two girls are beautiful.

Does Juanita have a webpage?