Tuesday, January 17, 2006

And more still....



I also downloaded the fabulous Beyonce's "Crazy In Love." It was damn hard to find a picture of Beyonce's face. Most were butt shots, but I did not falter, and I managed to find her lovely face to go along with this post. Never let it be said that I give up easily!



At the U2 shows I saw recently, Bono did all the vacals for the song, Miss Sarajevo. He sounded great, but I think Pavarotti's absence from the tour shortened Bono's singing career by about 15 years. No wonder there is talk of Bono leaving U2. I don't think he has the chops to keep up this one-sided Pavarottie routine!



Andrea Bocelli does a beautiful rendition of La Dona e Mobile from Rigoletto. I never claimed my music choices had any continnuity! In fact, I like to mix things up!!



I just couldn't lay claim to being a cool kid if I didn't have some Johnny Cash in my music collection, n'est-ce pas? I downloaded "I Walk the Line" and "Ring of Fire." I know nothing about Cash (of both the performer and currency pursuasions), but the music is hard to avoid, and I actually find that I quite like it.




I love "Rich Girl!" No apologies. It is what it is.

3 comments:

Juanita said...

Oh! I can't believe it, I figured out how to leave a comment!! Unfortunately my computer time is almost gone. Anyway, we have some of the same music, "We Belong" is a great one. I want to get those two Johnny Cash songs after seeing the movie, especially Ring of Fire. One of the reasons my computer is in the shop is because I couldn't access iTunes at all. Torture! I anticipate losing a lot of my library due to the work being done, what a bummer. I can't possibly get some of it back, either, (long story.) Have you had much frustration looking for a song, only to find it isn't carried by iTunes? Drives me nuts. And I know of no other source that is compatible with iTunes format. OK, better go. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

how do you buy itunes gift cards?

JoviFan said...

Juanita, it does seem that there are certain songs or artists not carried by iTunes, but most of what I like is available. I have not ordered that many songs from iTunes (maybe 20 in total, including the 15 I just got with my gift card.) I mostly like pretty freakin main stream stuff, and most of that is available, so it has not been too problematic for me. Is your computer a Mac? Have you tried the Rhapsody web site? As for you there, Curious George, my iTunes card came from Target. I suppose you could order them through Apple.com or get them at the Apple store.