Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Nutcase at the Bus Stop! Will It Never End??



Today I had a professional development after school. The meeting was over at 4:00. After the meeting, my colleague kindly offered to give me a lift home. I told her to drop me at the corner of my street so as to spare her having to weave her way through a series of one-way streets in order to drop me right at my door.

My friend pulled up into the busstop with the intention of stopping long enough to let me jump out. She wasn't planning on spending the evening there. Anyway, there was a woman standing on the curb, waiting for the bus, and when she saw that my friend was going to pull into that area, she literally jumped on the curb in front of the car, pointing wildly to the busstop sign.

Now, believe me...I am a frequent user to public transportation, and I know that it sucks when somebody comes and parks in the busstop, causing the bus driver to not see me there and passing me right by, thus forcing me to have to wait another 30 minutes for the next bus. It has happened and it completely sucks! However, I also can't count the number of times people have done exactly what my friend did today. They pull in really quickly, drop somebody off, and immediately pull out of the space.

This woman apparently thought we were pulling in to hunker down for the winter. She went absolutely wild, calling my friend and I "Stupid C*&#TS" as soon as I exited the vehicle. Before she even finished her filthy insult, my friend had already pulled out of the area. I told the woman to calm down, but she was obviously completely instable. She was not just annoyed or angry; she was actually completely emotionally imbalanced.

She continued reeling and ranting, swearing and shouting. I have to admit right now that I got completely sucked into her psychosis and I started arguing with her. Looking back at it, I wish I could say that I just ignored this obviously crazy woman and walked away. But that was not to be. I asked her if she was OK, or if I needed to call a pharmacy and have "her meds" rushed to the scene. She went nuts again, screaming, "I don't even take medication." I said, "Oh, I see, you've taken yourself off the meds?" Again, completely uncalled for.

She continued going crazy, and even called me a "Stupid C*%T " in horribly accented Spanish.

She started going off about how people in Boston are all so ignorant and stupid and uneducated and dumb. And yes, she used all these insults in one sentence. Actually, though, compared to her other choice words, these insults were pretty tame. I asked where she was from and she said, "I'm from Detroit!" Ah, yes. A city recognized the world over for its enlightened citizenry and fine cultural heritage. I simply said, "GO BACK!"

At that point, I came to my senses and realized that I was having an argument with a woman who was in urgent need of about 4,000 mgs of Prozac, a sedative, and some other pretty strong barbituates, so I let my logic and better judgement reestablish their hold over my senses and I walked away.

I have to say, I'm pretty embarrassed to have even argued with her. I think a large iced coffee in the middle of the afternoon, following a lunch consisting of only a banana was a pretty bad idea. I was obviously way too amped up and had the gears in overdrive before I even met up with this nut.

Man, it was pretty funny, though!

4 comments:

Mo said...

You should call Dr. Mary or Dr. E to diagnose her...they can fill out a prescription and then she can apologize to you...or at least sell it for her next bus pass...

Anonymous said...

all I have to say is HOT FUDGE WIG !

Juanita said...

Is it just me, or do you have an extraordinarily high rate of close encounters of the strange kind? In the space of two weeks, you've had more weird run-ins than I've had in my lifetime!

Canoes under my shoes said...

So you're a weirdo magnet, huh? I'd agree with you that it's best not to argue with the obviously insane.