Tuesday, January 17, 2006

iTunes, You've Created a Monster



At Christmas, my parents gave me an awesome 15 dollar gift card to the iTunes music store. Great....15 songs! The brilliance between online music shopping, of course, is that instead of buying some CD with 3 good songs and 12 crappy ones, you can pick the 15 exact songs you want.

Now, that said, I realize that my definition of "good music" might differ greatly from yours. However, I make no apologies for my ecclectic and often inexplicable taste in music. I just invite you to share in the newest members of my iPod/iTunes family.

Laugh, mock, scoff, scorn, or just tap your feet along to the beat!



One of the very first artists I looked up (and whose "Rock DJ" is securly downloaded and playing as a backdrop as I type this entry) reminds me soooooo much of my two years in Germany. This guy was HUGE when I was over there. Every single mall, store, restaurant, car, house, apartment had this guy's music blaring from its speakers. He never seemed to do so much here, but I still really like him. Actually, I like him in that way that you like somebody who you know is, by all that's right and holy, way to cheesy to take seriously but you can't help yourself. He filmed a video for this song in which he had this great leotard that looked like the muscular structure of a human body. He began to tear the thing off and MTV America deemed it too graphic and yanked it. Of course, two years before, it was on 24 hours a day in Germany. Anyway, this guy keeps Deutschland alive for me..even though he's a tacky British singer!



I had to download "yeah!" by Usher. I always sort of chuckle about it, but I secretly (no longer) LOVE IT. If you haven't seen Usher dance yet, let me just sum up his abilities by saying that he makes Michael Jackson, at his most limber, not laid up with back pain in pajamas at the LA courtroom, look like a steel beam. I love Usher. He's too cute not to love.

I would have put all my choices in the same entry, but my number of pics is limited. It will take a few!

No comments: