Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Be Afraid...Be Very Afraid




I've been on this scary movie kick recently. It all started off when I went to see "Hostel." Then, I found myself intrigued by the idea of Eli Roth's film, "Cabin Fever." Now there's another movie out about some woman being terrorized by harassing phone calls that turn out to be coming from inside the house. Spooky.

Anyway, after a pretty harrowing day of a long boring meeting followed by a long exhausting workout, I went to the video store with the intention of renting a good scary movie to bring home.

Hollywood Express runs a two-for-Tuesday special, where you can get two films for the price of one on Tuesdays.

I looked around the store, but nothing stood out as particularly interesting. I was a bit disappointed until I remembered that the ultimate terror flick of the year will be broadcast tonight for free on all the major cable networks...

President Bush's State of the Union Address.

I can't wait to be scared out of my mind. However, this could turn out to be like a lot of self-proclaimed horror films in that it is so bad it turns out to actually be funny. Either way, I can warm up to the idea of a good horror or comedy tonight!

On that note, Here is Georgie's quote of the day for January 31. Very timely considering the Hamas elections...

"My administration has been calling upon all the leaders in the---Middle East to do everything they can to stop the violence, to tell the different parties involved that peace will never happen."

7 comments:

Juanita said...

Well, I didn't watch our fearless leader last night, I never do. But the headlines quoted him as saying "America is addicted to foreign oil, and the answer is technology." Although I'm not a big fan of GWB, I must admit, that makes sense to me. Why haven't we developed an alternative fuel yet? It would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

I watched GWB last night. I thought all he has to say was great.

JoviFan said...

Oh Fwiz. One of us must have been switched at birth. We can't really be from the same family. But I LOVE ya anyway!!! Ha ha....

You rule!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with, it was me switched at birth! I have always been the outcast. Maureen and Bob used to tell me I was adopted when I was little. Ah well, I love you all, so I'll stick around. Seriously, how can I be a part of this family, and not drink beer?? I am the only one!

Juanita said...

What? Lizfwiz, you don't drink beer? How is that possible? You must be a martini girl.

Anonymous said...

No, Fwiz drinks Jack Daniels right from the bottle in a brown paper bag.
Nants, I am very disappointed in you. For someone who claims to be a "jovifan" there is more crap on this blog about Bush than Jovi. Change your name from "jovifan" to "notageorgebushfan" that way you can stick to what is more important-JOVI MOVIES!!! Where are the reviews? Who cares about George? Thats why when that State of the Union was on, I put on Little House.

Anonymous said...

Nope Juanita,
I am the DD of the family. Occasionally I slip and drink a foo foo drink, but nothing more. I think it's been over a year since I have had an alcoholic beverage. Hey, do you have a blog too?